Friday, December 21, 2007

We are smiling!



Haley has started to show her cute little smile. And no it is not because she has gas. She truly smiles and makes eye contact. She is sleeping through the night and is a big time cuddle bug.



This is the first winter that Shane and I have felt comfortable enough to let Caleb play in the snow. Caleb went with us this year to chop down a Christmas tree and his Daddy even showed him how to make snow angels and a snowman. As you can see, the poor little guy is bundled from head to toe and than some. You would have thought it was below zero outside.








Tonight while I was at work I called home to see how everything was going with Daddy and the kiddos. Caleb insisted on talking with me on the phone. I could tell he was just walking around with phone telling me everything he was looking at. I asked him to please give the phone back to Daddy (as my break at work had ended). As I continued to beg Caleb to give the phone back to Daddy he goes on to ask me: "Momma, whatcha doing?" I told him I was at work, his reply "Momma be home soon?". I never thought the day would come (especially so soon) when I would be having little conversations with my two-year old on the phone.

Both of the kids are now on the waiting list for Jefferson Academy. Yes, that is right...we already have our kids on a waitlist for school. Caleb was put on the waitlist when he was 6 weeks old and Haley was just added yesterday. Caleb is number 41 on the waitlist and Haley is number 1. The school accepts 40 students per grade level, 20 students per teacher. I am sure by the time Caleb starts Kindergarten he will be able to get in. I just can't believe that 40 other Mom's were quicker than me.

No comments: