Friday, January 18, 2008

So frustrating!!

My wonderful toddler must have thrown some of his medications in the trash...or the medications have mysteriously grown limbs and walked on out of this house. Caleb is missing his Pro-Air treatment with it's chamber. Pretty much Albuterol with a chamber to dispense the medication to him. He gets it twice per day and it has been missing since Tuesday night. Shane called me at work asking where it was. It is no where to be found. That is fine not a big deal...right? So I contact the CF Pharmacy and they have them in stock and can order it for me and have it shipped out so I would receive it Saturday morning. Today the pharmacy left me a message to call "Ariel" at the pharmacy. When I called her back she was gone until Tuesday and Caleb's order did not get shipped because they needed payment first. Fine...but why did they not tell me this YESTERDAY!!! Now he won't get his med until maybe Thursday of next week. What gets me is that "Ariel" is the only one who knew anything about Caleb's order (even though I highly doubt that). And to add icing to the cake...the fact that they needed me to pay for it first is ridiculous. For those of you who do not know-Caleb is covered under our health insurance still but because of his medical bills we got him on back up Medicaid. Caleb was qualified by Medicaid because they deemed him "ill" enough for the insurance. At first it was a pride issue telling people that my son was on Medicaid. But honestly, he is not on it because we are poor or can't cover him with health insurance. Just our health insurance does not cover him fully because of all of his needs.

I guess I am just frustrated because they have what should be this wonderful CF Pharmacy back East...and I think it is full of empty human cavities. OOPS that was kind of mean Huh. But it is frustrating not being able to get the meds for your child to help him breathe. Which we all know-breathing is an essential part of life. I was not the nicest person on the phone with the CF Pharmacy today-but sometimes I have to be a Momma Bear first. By the way. Children's Hospital just called...and they have a chamber and the Pro-Air ready and waiting for me at King Soopers. The nurse also told me that I can order these chambers, without a prescription, on amazon.com. Who woulda thunk it?

No comments: