If you have not been following the blog titled: Audrey Caroline, I strongly encourage you to read up on this family's legacy. They have been through what I would consider one of the worst tragedies any parent would have to go through...and yet they have witnessed an amazing miracle. God's Grace is harder to see sometimes. And yet, when His Grace is the hardest to see that is when it is the strongest and most powerful. http://www.vimeo.com/951902 This link will take you to a very powerful video of a journey that a family has had to endure. It will make you really think about your life and what you have been blessed with even when you feel like everything is falling apart.
I remember when Caleb was first diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. I was down right mad at God. What did Shane or I do that was so bad that we would be "punished" like this? Why would He do this to us when we have been so faithful? This went on for months. I cannot speak on behalf of Shane. This is strictly how I felt. People would always tell us that God really trusted us in order to bless us with a child of His that needed some extra care. I always thought that was some kind of script that everyone was reading from. I know it sounds silly-but I would get so resentful of people saying that to us. Besides, they were not living our life-they had the "healthy" babies. Then several months, maybe even a year, I got it. God was not "punishing" us with Caleb. He was blessing us with Caleb. He gave us one of His most amazing children. Caleb was our gift from God. Because of Caleb we were forced to our knees in prayer. We could not do this on our own. I wish I could find all the right words to explain how powerful this was for us. Having Caleb brought us to a whole new relationship with the Lord. Interesting how Caleb means faithful one.
Before I end I also want to update everyone on Caleb's health. We are now on day four of antibiotics and his cough is about 95% gone!!! So at this point it does not look like we will have to do the steroid boost or an inpatient stay! So awesome!!
1 comment:
My cousin married a wonderful woman with CF. They have one child, a sone, who is know 22 years old. She is sooo wonderful. I feel blessed to be related to her.
Post a Comment